Saturday, August 1, 2009

My Vanadis debut

Yesterday I was asked whether I would consider to lead the Friday evening class at the Vanadis dojo in Stockholm and the first reaction was characterised by the limbic flee-or-fight system, but when I had got an OK from Jorma I agreed and felt that it would be a fun and developing experience. It is not the first time I teach (or lead) aikido, but the first time in this dojo, and above all the first time with this large number or very competent participants. There were about 20 practitioners, together holding more than 35 dan's and I think that the number of advanced aikidokas in the room was so high that it somehow took the edge off of my nervousness. It can also be explained by the unique atmosphere that I experience with these people, where everybody is humble and relaxed and want everybody to feel good. Three days more of aikido here and then I head home to my man and my dog. I miss them!

No comments: