Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Strong roots after all...

The Scania flag

Yesterday Yoram went back to Israel and I stay until next Tuesday to catch up even more aikido. He did less shopping/tourist things this year, but still we passed souvenir shops both in Scania and in Stockholm. He now feels somewhat connected to the Swedish identity and I also feel an urge to maintain mine. It is amazing how your national identity flourishes after moving abroad! We have bought two small flags, one Swedish and one Scanian one, as well as a larger Swedish one. Besides that, we have shot glasses with Swedish flags on, napkins, toothpicks, garlands, stickers etc, enough to give a Swedish party. Yoram has a pillow formed as the traffic warning sign for moose and the kids get more Sweden t-shirts. Quite funny actually and I laugh at myself. However, I still consider myself more of a world citizen, although my Swedish roots are remaining strong. Culture is nice...

No comments: