Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The mysterious little people



I have no siblings, and my cousins have never been close to me. I have never had kids around me as an adult either, and that is not something I ever felt that I lacked. I did not understand these odd creatures and I never bothered either. I want at least one for myself and I am sure that I will turn out to be an excellent mother, loving and caring, but never a "curling parent" who is over-protective and serve their kids too eagerly.

Now I am in a quite different situation than getting one of my own. Now I have two half-grown ones that I cannot even talk to freely in a common language yet and still we are supposed to live under the same roof. I knew it would become hard, but it is even harder. I am striving to find my role and some days after the kids are asleep I am crying my guts out in pure frustration caused by my feeling of helplessness. Other times we find a channel for a moment where the communication works and we connect, and then I am filled with joy. Big challenge for Jojo, for sure! He must be something very special, that Yoram...

2 comments:

Svensk chekchouka said...

oj, det är ingen lätt situation du hamnat i, vad gör man inte av kärlek... Jag har tyvärr inga goda râd att komma med men skickar en varm kram. Var dig själv, jag är säker pâ att du är en jätte bra tjej!!

Jojo said...

Tack för dina fina ord, SC! Mitt liv här är underbart och motgångarna är ju enbart fina gåvor eftersom de är utvecklande om man ser dem i det långa loppet...