Friday, August 14, 2009

Concert in Herzliya

Yesterday I went to Tel Aviv with Yoram in the morning and he dropped me off at the beach, where I spent a few hours, trying to regain some of the tan that miraculously (?) disappeared during my weeks in Sweden. All sun tolerance was gone and my cheeks and nose were pinkish and radiating heat in the evening, in spite a thorough application of my good sunscreen.

Later I walked to Yoram's office which is about a 30 min walk, but in August it feels much longer. In Tel Aviv the humidity is much higher than in Tivon and we clearly notice the difference when we get there. It is almost like you can drink the air and one wonders when people will start developing gills.

In the afternoon we went to Hadar's place and freshened up before the evening, which we spent in Herzliya where they arranged a big show at the beach, with Avraham Tal and Yehudit Ravitz. Both performances where astonishing. I am well acquainted with Avraham Tal, as you have read before, but I have not listened to a lot of Yehudit Ravitz' material previously. I only recognised a few songs, but she did a great show. She started of pretty quiet, but built up the energy progressively and the last part was amazing and she truly has a new fan in me.

The concerts where over around 23.00 and then we did not go home, but instead we drove into the centre of Tel Aviv again and went to a pub where a friend of Hadar's works. We were already tired, and besides that we were about to take on the kids early in the morning after, but we kept on. Tel Aviv never sleeps and the traffic made the trip quite tiresome. After a few beers and shots in the pub we drove Hadar to Givatayim and then we drove the one hour drive home to Tivon and we were home around 02.00. Swedes would never drive around these long distances late in the evening unless they were on drugs...

2 comments:

Svensk chekchouka said...

nästa gâng du vet att du kommerf örbi herzeliya kan du väl skriva en rad pâ min blig, jag jobbar där! i Marinan!

Jojo said...

Det lovar jag att jag ska göra!
Vore ju kul att ses IRL... ;)