Thursday, August 20, 2009

August is peaking...

The entrance to the "Cave of Coffins" in Beit She'arim

The real August weather is here and it rises above 35 degrees every day, and then I am of course referring to the shadow! Today it was also extremely humid, even here in Tivon. During the day we turn on the AC at home, but still not during the night. I think I have proven, though, that I am not too badly affected by this climate. I explained to Yoram during the spring that I don't tend to suffer too much from high temperature and humidity and now it turns out that he is complaining far more than I do.

We took a walk down to Beit She'arim in the late afternoon and went down in the caves, and that was better than any AC. We ran around in all the cool rooms and jumped around in the sarcophaguses for quite a while, and when we finally ascended, it was like walking into an invisible wall of warm and wet air. I love that feeling...

3 comments:

Svensk chekchouka said...

där har vi ocksâ varit pâ utflykt!

Jojo said...

Det ligger precis nedanför vårt hus... ;)

Jojo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.