Sunday, June 28, 2009

What is so shameful about God's creation?

Adam and Eve prior to the oppressing fig leaves

My parents brought me up to have a relaxed attitude towards my naked body. No one ever went and hid to change clothes, or locked the door to take a shower. This followed me to adulthood and in Sweden I regularly enjoyed naturist beaches together with friends sharing my liberated view, men as well as women. The body is to me our natural state of creation and wearing clothes to merely cover it up is a social construction that originates in the twisted idea that our sexuality is a sin that needs to be controlled. No doubt, the more the sexuality is suppressed, the more perverted and uncontrolled the people get. The world is full of examples and each and one of the world religions expresses the highest rates of sexual neuroticism in their most orthodox communities. On the other hand, I have never been exposed to any adverse behaviour in a naturist setting.


Alas, moving to Israel was not a step forward for me in this context. Even the secular Israelis are panic-struck as soon as they happen to show a little too much skin and men almost jump out of their pants if they see a woman who shows a little bit more than they are used to. For me, this is quite pathetic and immature behaviour, but at the same time I cannot blame them. This is the world as they know it and I can only feel pity. However, I know that I have sympathisers also in Israel, who organises venues at several beaches, and at some point I have to try to look them up to at least occasionally be able to feel free and natural...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

en naken kropp är en naken kropp what's the big deal? du får väl skrämma kvarteret! Du får starta nudist klubb i Tivon Du ser ut att må fint söta.
vi hörs!

Jojo said...

Har inte mycket att klaga på. Enda som kunde varit bättre vore om jag hade kunnat ha mina kära vänner här också! Puss