Thursday, June 18, 2009

עברית מבראשית

Today Yoram stayed at home and we cleaned the house for the weekend and went grocery shopping. Both of us woke up more or less on the wrong side of the bed and what to do when two persons lack patience and humour? Let it be... Pray for time to fly!

Shula, my Hebrew teacher, recommended a Hebrew learning book in two parts, which we bought yesterday. You start from scratch, but the books does not contain any English at all, or any other language than Hebrew. You read and write, repeat and answer questions. I think that after completing these exercises I will be pretty good at reading and writing, both hand writing and printed letters. However, I need to use the language verbally more than I do now. It is so easy for us to constantly use English, although I have really asked repeatedly for Yoram to address me more in Hebrew. I guess, the progress will look somewhat like it did with my Danish. A long time went by with me only listening and reading, and speaking internally of course, and then one day I just started to talk.

Better study some Hebrew... Soon Gal is home and then we have High Chaparral in the house.

3 comments:

Stefan Stenudd said...

That's Greek to me.

Jojo said...

I am starting to get a hang of the letters, but the fact that the language is not written with its vowels makes things slightly more tricky... ;)

Bryce Wesley Merkl said...

Here's a great online resource for practicing your Hebrew, if you're interested: עברית wiki browser