Tuesday, June 30, 2009

More aikido would be nice...

Me throwing Josefin in Vanadis dojo, 2008

I have been juggling in my mind whether I would stay for another aikido week in Stockholm after the seminar in Lillsved, to really get a boost that will last for a good while. When I bought the ticket to come here in May I also bought the return ticket for Sweden in July, but never any return ticket back to Israel after Sweden. Yoram claims that he is on trial but I guess I have now finally proven that I am committed since I today bought that ticket - but a ticket that gives me nine extra days in Stockholm after the Lillsved seminar is over!

However, he has also promised me more aikido than we get at the moment and that is something we have to settle when we get back home in August. Anati has only classes twice a week here and I am used to at least four times a week, but would really want even more, so right now I am quite unfulfilled. We can go to Tel Aviv now and then, but it is way too big of a project to make it routine enough to fill the deficit. I want it easily accessible, spontaneous and a part of the daily life. My teacher Jorma in Stockholm has got me used to a very regular routine of practising as good as every day of the week. It does not have to be hard and sweaty practice every time, but at least some softening aiki exercises and a few ukemi to keep the flow in the body. I know that we could get a few mats to have at home, but the problem is where to store them. The tenants have a storage room that belongs to the flat, but it is filled with their crap that will never be used anyway, so unfortunately we cannot use it for storing stuff of our own. I hope we can find a solution. The aikido is essential life energy for me...

No comments: