Thursday, June 25, 2009

Star children...

Last night we had a major electricity breakdown in the whole neighbourhood that lasted for a few hours. I just came out from the after-aikido shower when everything went black. Yoram was on his way home from Tel Aviv after meeting up with his army buddies and I had just managed to find and lit some candles when he arrived. Also the street lights went out so it was completely black everywhere. We took Goshen out for her evening pee pee ride and it was quite romantic to walk in the dark and watching the amazing night sky that was revealed when the urban lights were gone.

This evening we have the kids here, but from tomorrow morning we have another weekend off to spend on each other and we will start that morning off by going to the pool again for a swim. I was never a "kids person" - you know that kind of person that always end up on all four as soon as there are kids around. I never figured them out, and I did not really bother either. During my 20s I experienced what is called the "biological clock", but it manifested itself only by a desire to be pregnant and giving birth, but never really having the kid! It was not until well over 30 that I seriously started to even consider having a child of my own. Here I am, all of a sudden living with two bonus kids, and as if that was not enough, we don't even have a mutual language yet! Nevertheless, these kids are my first guinea pigs to use my Hebrew on. In any way, they are training my patience and parenting skills, while at the same time I learn how I want, and not want, to raise my own future offspring. Bottom line is, that we are quite happy and exhausted when we have time off from the boys and that is a sign that it is not time for common reproduction just yet...

Me and Gal on Midsummer day

No comments: