Wednesday, June 10, 2009

First free weekend, just the two of us...

Goshen is such a great dog and I have really fallen for her. She is my baby and we have bonded so well. She is getting better in the skin everyday, and when she was at the vet the other day he could not see any parasites, so we hope that it is only the infection left. She is also happier and looks like a complete different dog than when I met her for the first time two weeks ago.

I have started to do some simple obedience training with her on our walks, both for the sake of bonding, but also to give her some mental stimulation. Yoram used to work with her at the dog club, but I guess that was years ago. You can tell that she has it in her, although she is a bit rusty. However, she is very attentive and a joy to work with, so I see some nice progress coming ahead.

Aikido this evening was great. I think my body is starting to get used to exercising in this climate and I don't get as tired anymore. Anat used me for the jyu waza in the end and although I was over and out when the class was over, I felt much better than the last occasions. My mood was better too and that might have something to do with it...

Friday we head for Acre in the morning and for aikido class with Shlomo in Tel Aviv in the afternoon. Weekend without kids! Hooray!

No comments: