Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Time to dig for gold...

My small apartment starts to look like someone threw a bomb in there, to be a bit politically incorrect. I have cleaned out my desk, the bathroom and a few other storage furniture and lots of things went straight to the trash. Tomorrow the time has arrived for my wardrobe, where I also plan to remove the sentimentality goggles and leave a lot to charity. I was disrupted before lunch by a sweet friend of mine who came and surprised me with a Champagne breakfast to celebrate my degree. Pink Champagne, Truffle Brie, Gorgonzola Fiore, Jamon Serrano and Salami Fiasco. How I will survive without having these un-kosher delicacies on crawling distance from my home is an enigma, but my friend promised to bring both cheese and the refined piggy products when she comes for a visit. We drank the wine, laughed and had fun and even sipped on the single malt I got as a fare-well gift from the group at the university. Suddenly it was afternoon and we were pretty round under the feet. Time for a strong coffee and back to packing things. Tomorrow evening I will have some friends over for a picnic on my back yard, because believe it or not, the summer has arrived also to Sweden! One thing I am planning for this week is to have as much of Swedish new potatoes as possible, because compared to these small yellow marbles from heaven, boiled with care and butter on top, all "new potatoes" from Mediterranean countries can go and hide somewhere and feel completely inadequate and dull...


No comments: