Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Climate changes in unicode

Today I went together with my mother to buy a new suitcase. A very large suitcase, so I can basically move without missing out on too many necessary things. On the way to the mall, the atmosphere in the car, that had been standing in the morning sun, was quite sweaty, but I quickly reminded myself that I will soon be in a place where the temperature is about 20 degrees more than what we had today and then it all seemed pretty foolish. I am very tolerant against both warm and cold temperatures, and as well as I enjoy winter bathing, I have no problems with long-term tropical heat with high humidity, so I guess I will hear more complaints from my sabra then from myself when the summer season peaks in August.

Luckily I only need to bring summer clothes now, which will not fill so much, because other things take up more space, like aikido gear for example. Two thick gi's and the hakama is no joke. Then there are some other things I need to bring, like my mocca pot. I am a heavy coffee addict and even though Yoram has one mocca pot already, we need two, since I easily empty one myself. Then I cannot survive without my Global knives. A kitchen without sharp kitchen knives drives me crazy, and I have checked with the flight company that it is OK to bring them in the check-in luggage.

Then of course the mac... But he comes with me in the hand luggage of course! He already types in Hebrew on request, thanks to the genious unicode and I am considering whether I should engrave the Hebrew letters with laser when I arrive in Israel, which makes them lit up in the dark just like the default letters. Speaking of mac, I have just finished my MSc defence presentation in Keynote, which is the mac alternative to Powerpoint, and I could just go berserk on all fun effects and fancy animations, but my extremely sensitive creative eye keeps me a bit low key and excludes the most crazy things. The manuscript is also prepared and all I have to do now is to learn the stuff, which is the most boring part. Reading and repeating, over and over again! I cannot believe that I will be a graduated MSc in 5 days! Seems like yesterday I was a fresh-woman...

להתראות
יאללה ביי

No comments: