Friday, May 8, 2009

My channel to you all...

I have decided to start this blog to be able to share my adventures with as many of my friends as possible. I will do this in English, since I know more than Swedish-speaking people by now.

As most of you know, I will be leaving Malmö and Sweden on the 26th of May, to live side by side with my dear Yoram, in Qiryat Tivon outside of Haifa in Northern Israel. But first, I have my MSc thesis defence to get out of the way, on the 18th of May. That also means that I will be slightly more infrequent with my blogging until after that is over.

Right now I feel more emotionally bipolar than ever. I am all happy and excited about leaving and I am in no way worried about what I have to come, but my less comfortable emotions have got to do with breaking up with everything I have here, most of all my family and my friends. Packing up my apartment is not a fun job either, but that is a small thing compared to leaving my loved ones, and preparing to see them much less frequent. Luckily the first stretch is not that long. Both me and Yoram will be back in Sweden in July, both to visit Malmö and to go to the summer aikido seminar in Lillsved, which is actually to blame for this whole turn in my life... That's where we met, on the tatami. One look into each others eyes, and after that we were both lost!

No comments: