Thursday, May 28, 2009

Shalom Yam...

Almost the whole Israeli coast line from North to South comprises the most amazing beach. We went to a quiet and remote part in between Tel Aviv and Haifa, but closer to Haifa, and it is just great coming to a place where there are at least 50 metres in between every group of people, no large houses, perfect sand and just the big turquoise ocean. Anati joined me and Hadar and the girls had a wonderful time in the sun. I am so sorry that I am not showing any picture, since that was actually my plan, but I promise that from the next beach day.

The water is about 24 degrees now. Still cooling, but you can stay in as long as you please. The wind created playful waves and it brought up a strange feeling inside of me when I was thinking that from now on I will be close to this completely exquisite environment, which up until now has been associated with very temporary experiences on occasional holidays.

I covered myself in SPF 20 before I left home and we stayed on the beach for over three hours, but I did not burn at all, so my worried boyfriend can now relax. I have been in the sun for a few days already in Sweden, so the worst "first-sun-for-this-year-reaction" was already dealt with.

Tonight, HaShavu'ot dinner with mother-in-law and sister with family... Report tomorrow!

No comments: