Friday, May 22, 2009

Sky is crying when Jojo leaves

We had a very successful farewell picnic yesterday. We reached to grill the meat before dark grey clouds grew up and covered the sky. The rain was first merciful, but we soon realised that it would not stay that way, so we cleared one part of the bike shed and simply lifted the whole party in there. It was raining cats and dogs and there were floods under our feet, but we crawled up in the chairs and it was actually very cosy. We drank wine and a friend played guitar while the rain was playing on the roof of the shed. Even a couple I know that got their beautiful baby less than a week ago decided to come in spite of the weather and I was both flattered and impressed by that. I was above all happy to conclude that my following months will not include much of that kind of weather, possibly only the two weeks we will spend in Sweden.

I went for aikido this evening, which was great. I was supposed to get my yudansha passport and diploma, but my reminder sms never reached my dear Sensei, who left the things at home, but that means that I have to go for a last practice tomorrow, which I did not plan, but it does not hurt at all. I only have to compress the day differently than I had planned. It is nice when higher circumstances see to that you do the important things, like practice aikido, even though you are completely stressed out. It will inevitably make you feel better. The fresh air was as usual completely absent in the dojo, since the ventilation is very poor, and the last half hour we were pale as sheets, but I reminded myself how it will be to practice in 40 degrees under the late summer in Israel and then it felt much better.

No comments: