Friday, May 29, 2009

Some animals you love and some you eat

I did one big mistake! I forgot to authorise my parents so they can access my Swedish bank account if something would happen, like if the digipass would break, which it of course did when I was supposed to access the internet bank for the first time since I arrived. And no, it was not only the battery. I have tried to change that! Not only this, but the telephone bank has also been deactivated since I have used the internet bank for so long, so the lady I talked to in the bank office could only say that there was nothing she could do. Luckily I am returning to Malmö for a few days in July and then I have to fix both a new digipass and authorisation for my parents. Until then, all I can do is to kindly ask my parents on my bare knees to pay my bills. What would I do without them..?

Yesterday we went for Shavu'ot dinner at Yorams mothers place. His sister also came with her husband and three kids. A traditional Shavu'ot dinner does not contain any meat products, but instead we had several dairy dishes, as well as a salmon dish, since fish is not really defined as meat. This is not a family that keeps kosher, but they still eat the traditional holiday meals the same way as we eat our specialities for christmas, easter and other highlights on the calendar. Yorams brother-in-law is Moroccan and the food made in this family is a fascinating mix of Ashkenazi, Sephardic and contemporary Israeli cuisine and we all ended up completely stuffed. I think I passed the test and I am now officially part of the family.

Yorams mum has a 1 year old dachshund cross-breed named Choco who is completely crazy and over-energetic. Although the discrepancies, she reminded me of Ichiban and I realised that I miss him a lot. I cannot wait to see him when I get back. This afternoon we are picking Goshen up from the other house, a female Shepherd of whom we have shared custody. Sneakers on and a 5 km power walk in the fields below. Beach '09 here I come!

No comments: