Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Business or economy..?

Business class is a joke on most airlines. On all the flights during this trip I was seated on one of the first rows in the economy class and depending on the ratio business/economy, they just slide the separating "wall" to the appropriate row of seats. The seats are the same, not more space for the legs of comfier cushioning in business class. The separating wall is just a frame with curtains that need to be open during takeoff and landing. Up in the air they pull these curtains. They get a cute glass of juice or water before takeoff and the cabin crew is licking ass all the time and then I think that their menu differ a bit from ours, but other than that I would say that it is a waste of money.

On the flight Amsterdam-Tel Aviv I ordered a small bottle of red wine and the food was pretty OK. While digesting that, I plugged the iPod into my ears and wrapped myself in blankets and pillows and then all of a sudden it was time for landing, almost 30 minutes ahead of schedule. Passport control and luggage went smooth and on the way out I picked up one Lagavulin and one Macallan, which I bought on Ben Gurion on the way out. My private driver waited outside and he took me home, showered me and put me to bed...

No comments: