Saturday, March 6, 2010

"What will we have for lunch, baby?"

Wheat salad with slightly grilled tuna

I have been dealing with what I consider healthy food previously on this blog and if you have followed, you know that I don't need to eat animal products for every meal, and I always use only high-quality products when I do. I have a thing for rare meat, and this primal desire covers also tuna and equivalent fish species. We found the most beautiful tuna, bought a whole bunch of slices that we threw into the freezer. One slice we kept out for lunch. I made a salad of boiled wheat grains, mixed baby leafs, red cabbage, cucumber, red pepper and bean sprouts, seasoned with a dressing made of olive oil, lemon juice and a coarse Dijon mustard. The tuna was drizzled with coarse black pepper and sea salt and was turned in a hot pan with some olive oil for a few minutes on each side, barely enough to become warm all through. If you ask me, there is nothing as boring as a well-done piece of tuna. All you get is dry fibre that you can sit and chew on forever and ever. What you see in the picture above basically melted on the tongue.

2 comments:

TinTin said...

Vansinnigt gott!

Jojo said...

Det var det sannerligen...