Sunday, February 28, 2010

The epicentre of both joy and sorrow

The snowdrops on the day of my departure
I guess there is hope for a spring

Saying goodbye to my mother is just the most heart-breaking thing. I see the sorrow in her eyes of loosing her daughter yet another number of months. We have always been extremely close and always met frequently, so this is a new situation for us. Then I arrived to the airport where I now sit and write this blog post and I feel so strongly how a place like this simultaneously contains two extremes of emotions. Last month I arrived in Sweden and meeting my parents then after six months a part was so lovely. Now I leave them with tears falling. Leaving Yoram was also tearful, one month ago, but now it is his turn to feel the joy. And mine, because a trip like this starts in sorrow and ends in joy. Will I ever get used to this?

2 comments:

Karin said...

It's difficult to get used to it. I feel it's getting worse to leave Sweden these days - I both feel like the worst daughter AND the worst mother, plenty of crying from both sides and I'm trying to stay strong in the middle (ie post-poning my tears to a less crowded moment...). But it is always wonderful to get home though, no matter how wonderful trip it's been.

Jojo said...

Well, I cannot seem to master the post-poning part yet, but it seems like the moments before the goodbye are worse than after. After the separation a strange feeling of relief appears. However, when my beloved mother cracks, I crack... And now, when I think about it, my tear glands cricks again...