Sunday, March 28, 2010

My first birthday in Israel

Protecting the newly-lit fire from the "rain"

Yesterday I celebrated my 37th birthday quietly together with Yoram, the dogs and the kids. We made a BBQ down in the Pecan grove, drank cheap red wine, relaxed and played around in the grass. The sun was hidden behind light clouds and small drops of rain kept on falling from the sky, but on the other hand, it was well above 20 degrees and the kids were running around topless. Hence, whatever weather we get around this season, or any other season for that matter, is always better than in Sweden - according to me that is. Most Israelis would probably have stayed at home yesterday, claiming that it was full-on winter, but for a hardened blueberry like me, this was like any Swedish summer day. Luckily I have succeeded to share this optimistic view on weather also to my man and children. The dogs, of course, could not care less. In their opinion, the muddier the better, so their best season is over now.

No comments: