Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Landing softly

Since we were did not go to sleep until 5 something in the morning after my flight, we slept until noon yesterday. It was such a liberating feeling to take the dogs for a walk in the afternoon, wearing only a thin long-sleeved top. The sun was shining again, after a few days of rain and hail-storms, and the temperature crawled up to a comfy 19 degrees. We walked over to to see the kids and their mother to give them some gifts and say hi. I have talked to the kids on Skype on a regular basis and I think that this period really gave them the opportunity to realise the role I have in their life now and it turned out that they missed me very much. And I missed them too. Missing is always good for the feeling of appreciation, and I look forward to an even deeper bonding with them now. We had a cup of coffee and some snacks on their veranda and the afternoon sky presented beautiful patterns in warm colours, while birds were singing and the wind was mild. We walked back home and in the evening we shared a bottle of pomegranate wine from Rimon winery. It feels nice to be back.

No comments: