Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Winter wonderland

My flight went smoothly. Also security. Yoram always follows me through the first security check to alleviate the interrogation. "How long have you known each other?" "Do you know anyone that your boyfriend does not know?" How do you answer that? "No, he did not let me leave the house alone for 8 months." or "Yeah, I know a bunch of Palestinians on the West Bank." I guess that they would prefer to hear the former, while the latter is more close to the truth. "Did you pack your luggage yourself?" "Did anyone ask you to bring a package on their account?" "Yeah, there was this Arab guy I met..." Duh...

In Malmö the snow keeps on falling and I feel blessed to come home to a real winter. I had to scrape the windows on the car and I skidded around on the streets. Other than that things are the same. I drank my coffee at Kaffebar and the owner Samir was so happy to see me that he almost cried. I had brought him a nice Misbaha (Islamic prayer beads) made of volcanic stone that I bought in Daliyat al-Karmel. It will be a lot of hanging at Kaffebar during my time in Malmö.

I was about to go to aikido with Stefan Stenudd tonight but it is snowing so hard that I cannot even see my car anymore, so the Shihan will have to wait for my attendance until after my visit further up North.

No comments: