Thursday, February 18, 2010

From Poshholm to Ramalmö

Time to leave the Swedish capital for this time. After 11 days of intense aikido practice, several times each day, I now feel stuffed to the brim, and I think that both body and mind will do good with some rest. Things need to digest and the sabra aikidokas will have plenty of fruitful things to ingest when I will be back.

I will take the night bus to Malmö, which is pretty convenient with free Wi-Fi and stuff, so I guess that I will be a bit busy with that until it is time for some hours sleep, tucked in with my big winter jacket.

In Stockholm Jewish people are still pretty safe, but in Malmö even the mayor has taken his protective hand away nowadays, alas, returning to Malmö means removing any item that shows some bond to Judaism or Israel unless you are up for a discussion about it. It happens to me all the time in Malmö, with all kinds of acquaintances, and I think that it is a tragedy and quite pathetic that so many people have become to duped by the subliminal anti-Semitic messages in media and the cultural life in general. Anyway, I found a cute pin with a Swedish flag crossed with an Israeli one, so I got one for myself and one for Yoram. I think I will keep it on my bag in Malmö just to defy! Why subdue to such low standards?

3 comments:

Svensk chekchouka said...

bra tjejen! man ska stâ för sin sak!
kram

Anna said...

min kusin flyttar ifrån malmö pga antisemitismen... not nice

Jojo said...

Grått och kallt och slabbigt är det i Malmö nu.
På många sätt...
Dags att åka hem! ;)