Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Had enough of winter now

Helgeandsholmen seen from Riksbron

I have not yet digested the Endo seminar enough to give a deeper review, and maybe that will have to wait for a while. Anyway, it is over and we now do some nice practices with Jorma every day to "reset" the aiki. A large seminar is always fun, but the day-to-day practice with Jorma is always what makes the greatest impact on me. Maybe simply because it is more personal. All in all, I am stuffed with useful things to bring home to the dojo in Israel and I hope that I will be able to inspire my friends there.

The temperature is constantly several degrees below zero here and I am walking around admiring all the frost on the trees, but to be honest I feel pretty satisfied with winter now, after two weeks. I guess I will just have to bare with another two weeks of heavy layers of clothes and static hair under the toque, before I return to the "Swedish summer" home in the Israeli winter. Today I also did my customary raid in the souvenir shops from Drottninggatan and down to Gamla Stan and I came home with two bags of blue-and-yellow things for me and my beloved Israeli Sweden-supporters. Expatriates are clearly nuts.

Crazy expatriates' paradise

No comments: