Friday, February 5, 2010

Winter wonderland for real...

Snow, sun, 15 below zero...

Outside my grandmothers house,
with Sankta Gertrud's church in the background

I am in Västervik now, visiting my grandmother and some other relatives. If there was a lot of snow in Malmö, then this is winter wonderland. I feel blessed to come home to a winter like this. The Swedish winter is normally as unreliable as the Swedish summer. You might get the real thing, but you might as well get grey nothingness. I honestly don't think that I have seen this much snow since I was a child. I have not made snow angels yet, but tomorrow I will put some ski pants on and go out and play in the snow! Pictures will come.

Israelis possibly experience snow if they spend army time in the Golan Heights. That's basically it, or if they go abroad of course. I hope to bring both my man and the boys to a Swedish winter like this at some point, because there is nothing like it.

My parents walking to the car,
passing the huge snow piles

No comments: