Saturday, November 7, 2009

My new friend Mr Schizo

Germans and other tourists get a holy light in their eyes when they see a moose in Sweden. This Swede entered the same state when she literally stumbled over a chameleon...

I found him in the staircase. I was going down under the house to hang some laundry last evening, and on one footstep I felt something under my foot. Instinctively I did not step down properly and I only had my soft Shepherd's sheep-skin shoes on, so I guess that the actual physical impact on the poor guy was less than the emotional shock he probably experienced. First he was bright green, but I did not reach to get the camera to shoot that. When I lifted him away from the staircase he turned more grey...

I imagined a long photo session, where I'd put him on different-coloured backgrounds to make him change colour. I wanted a whole series of images of this amazing creature...

... but he hissed so harshly at me that I had to help him get back out into the bush, but not until I concluded that he was undamaged from the experience under my foot. Now Yoram has also promised to show me scorpions. He claims that you can find them under basically every rock.

No comments: