Sunday, November 29, 2009

Bracing morning aikido

In Israel it is very hot when it is hot, as well as it is very cold when it is cold. Our house is not insulated and during this season it is way colder indoors than outdoors, so I shuffle around in my sheep-skin shoes, big jumpers and shawls. You can probably imagine how getting up from the warm bed to visit the toilet in the middle of the night is no easy ride. Today we had an aikido date with Anati at 7.45 and on the way over to her house we measured 11 degrees, which is probably the lowest temperature I have experienced here so far. The night was clear which brings on very cool air. I told Yoram that I thought that we would probably practice inside, upon which he answered "Don't be so sure...". As we arrived, I realised that he was right and Anati had already placed the tatamis in front of the porch. I had not been out of bed for more than 10 minutes, and therefore still a bit shivery, but I did not complain for long. After some frisk warm-up (with socks on) the socks came off and we had the loveliest practice. The sun came up and the air was high and clean. That's life quality!

No comments: