Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Off-line, but on-ki in Lillsved

Sorry for the long break, but life has been way too intense to allow computer time. The days in Malmö were so nice. Yoram really enjoyed it, everybody got along so smoothly, but the stay was of course way too short. Thursday evening I started to sneeze and my throat swelled upon which I realised that the Swedish bug hit me. I have been completely healthy for quite some time and to be honest I think that this failure from my immune system was a result of all the emotional stress generated concerning coming home to Sweden, with Yoram, meeting everybody, and so on.

On the Saturday we went with my parents around Skåne; Dalby Stenbrott, Simrishamn, Stenshuvud with Kafé Annorlunda and Kåseberga with Ale Stenar. After each stop I was sure that I would not be able to step out of the car again, but I defied the feverish and aching body and hiked around it all, and the best moments was when I could eat, cake buffet or herring burger, any way it made me feel al right for a moment.

When we came home one would imagine that I could go to bed, but no, then we had to mount the night bus to Stockholm. I stuffed myself with medicaments, wrapped myself in blankets and shawls and kind-of-slept all the way. After arriving we went straight to Lillsved for the aikido week we have been waiting for during the whole year, and I think merely arriving here did something beneficial to me and I immediately felt both healthier and refilled with energy. Now we have been here for two days and life is as it should be all the time. Fantastic food, wonderful friends and the best aikido. But as always, the energy is so strong that it is also emotionally undressing you which presents you with a great opportunity to cleanse the system.

No comments: