Sunday, July 12, 2009

Preparing for Sweden

I have started to plan my packing for Sweden since we are leaving on Tuesday. There is not much things I am bringing for myself, really, some aikido gear and summer clothes. The rest of the suitcase will be filled up with stuff for the Swedes. Then on the way back that space will be filled up with some "winter" stuff for myself, my indoor sheepskin slippers, warmer shawls and a jacket that I love very much. The real winter jacket I can tuck away way back in the folks storage.

My largest concern is whether to bring the Mac or not. Yoram insists on us bringing only his 13" notebook, or the red devil as we call it. It is very convenient and tiny and I could keep it also the last week when I stay alone, but I am not sure that I will survive with Windows for three weeks and not having my Mac. Bringing the Mac involves also bringing my computer rucksack instead of travelling lightly to Sweden and then bringing another rucksack with things from Sweden, but honestly I think I can manage anyway. I want my whole iTunes library, I want to empty the camera in my own machine and I want to be able to charge my iPod. And there is even room for the red devil in the Mac sack if Yoram insists.

We will only stay in Malmö for four days and one of the days I am planning a road trip around Skåne. There are so many places I want to show Yoram, but I also have to be realistic with how much we can reach. We have of course also a full schedule with family and friends and it will be some intense days. Luckily we will have aikido holidays in Lillsved right after. I cannot wait to see everybody and get some serious fluffy soft-beating...

No comments: