Saturday, January 9, 2010

Sunny weekend

Yesterday we met up with Yoram's colleague from work, Ran, and his girlfriend Daphna. We went to Zikhron Ya'akov and had a nice lunch at Tishbi's, filled up the bottles and continued for some ice cream at the Aldo ice cream bar before we returned home and took a nice afternoon nap. In the evening we were invited to an aikidoka friend of ours, Itzhik, and his wife Tamar, and would you believe that they served us the most beautiful tournedo's made from tenderloin bought in Samir's shop! We had planned to arrange some nice meat for the weekend, but instead we found ourselves treated with both excellent meat and the most exquisite company.

The weather has been just lovely the last couple of days so it was sleeve-less top and sunglasses on the menu for our Shabbat excursion today. We drove to Shfar'am (aka Shefa-'Amr) to buy ice cream. I have mentioned Shfar'am before both concerning their special ice cream, and the town in general. We took a walk through the winding streets and came back home with not only the excellent ice cream, but also ridiculously cheap kanafeh and our bellies full of falafel. It does not matter what modest falafel joint you go in to around here, you will always get better falafel than in any falafel joint in Sweden. During my approaching visit to Sweden I have to remember that to avoid any disappointing experiences.

Concerning my last post about keffiyeh's, I know that some people probably think of me both as being naive and possibly offensive and I don't know what else, but as long as I get spanked from both directions, as I most often do, I know that I am still on the right track. I am an idealist and an incurable optimist and that is something that I am proud of. There is enough of cynicism and polarisation in this world.

2 comments:

Svensk chekchouka said...

Jojo, världen skulle vara trâkig om alla tyckte lika ;)

Jojo said...

Helt riktigt, fina du!