Monday, January 18, 2010

Life is about to accumulate in a good way

Wow, blogging has really been difficult for me the last few weeks! I don't know if it is because my life has been so boring or if I just did not feel like drowning you in too much stories about dogs. I am not too keen on writing charming anecdotes about domestic house shores either, so consider yourselves spared, rather than neglected.

Dogs
Anyway, I started a Youtube channel with the adventures of Goshen and Barak. Shortly I can say that if you panic from some occasional harsh arguments between dogs, you should probably avoid getting two big dogs. Goshen is getting more and more bitchy and controlling which has caused some quarrels between the dogs, and she is now under strict surveillance. Barak got a small bite wound on his cheek the other day, but luckily they both cool down very fast and always kiss and make up. However, we need to take the energy level down for a while to make sure that both of them understand that this behaviour is not wanted.

Aikido
The light in the end of the tunnel for me right now consists of two things. First, I have a week of Jan Nevelius aikido ahead of me! He is coming to Israel for his annual seminar and we are all very excited. I have not seen him since July, which probably is the longest break from Vanadis aikido since I started practising with them years ago. When I lived in Sweden I covered Northern Europe to practice with Jan and his dojo partner Jorma Lyly at least every other month or so, and before I met Yoram I even considered moving to Stockholm to get closer to these guys. However, destiny works in mysterious ways and I sacrificed that strong desire for other purposes.

But... The light does not stop shining there. Second reason for my excitement is that I will spend the entire February in Sweden. Meeting my family and friends is one thing, but the trip also involves almost two weeks in Stockholm, aikido seminar with Endo Sensei, Jorma and Jan fluff included. The rest of the time will be spent in Malmö, where I will try to reach a few sessions with my first aikido teacher, Stefan Stenudd, who according to (official) rumours has been appointed Shihan by Hombu dojo this year. Congratulations to Stefan! For you Swedish-speaking friends, Stefan writes a terrific blog about what occupies his brilliant mind.

Family
I have not seen my parents either for six months and that is the longest time I have been away from them. I cannot wait for Mum's food and Dad's single malt collection... We are also going to visit my Grandmother in Västervik and I am afraid to say that I cannot even remember when I was there the last time. So you see, I have a lot to look forward to, and most likely I will also blog about it.

Now I have to take the dogs out in the thundery rain. Again, Israel is during the next few days about to become flooded in more water than it is able to cope with. How come they never learn..? Build more dams for Gods sake! Do you remember the dry summer at all..? Water crisis..? Ring a bell..?

No comments: