Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Aikido fix

It is an amazing privilege to guide people into new realms of aikido and to step on new ground together, building new confidence, but one of the compromises has been that I have not had anyone that could really throw me the way that I am used to be thrown. Luckily Jan has provided that during these couple of days and I can happily conclude that I have not lost it. During these six months I have neither had anyone who could give a full feedback to the people throwing me - it is hard to see all details yourself while in the air - but also that aspect has got some substantial attention.

Tonight is the last day with Jan here in Israel and I have this melancholic feeling already, but it soothes me a lot to know that I have 10 whole days with these guys in Stockholm during my visit in Sweden. That fix will then have to last until the summer when it is time for Lillsved again. Back in Israel we are stuffed with things to work on for the meantime...

No comments: