Sunday, October 25, 2009

Dogs, ocean and travel planning

Bossy fascinated by the ocean

We spent another lazy Shabbat on the beach, this time with the kids, as well as both Goshen and Bossy. We decided to bring him since his day in his home probably had not presented any revolutionary activities any way. I think it was the first time he saw the ocean, but he followed Goshen straight into the water, no fuss what so ever. Within 2 minutes he also followed me out on for him deep water, without having Goshen as comfort. The water was not even that quiet, but quite wavy, and we all enjoyed watching his courage. Also Goshen was more confident in the waves after swimming a lot in the quiet water last week. The dogs had a lot of fun and so did we.

Katina is here and we have planned that I will go with her and her son Ishak down to Ein Gedi by the Dead Sea, and also visit Masada. She has a rental car and I will be the map reader. I have Yorams detailed road map over Israel - in Hebrew - but believe it or not, that is perfectly sufficient for me by now, and I enjoy every time that I recognise the different names of cities and villages. We will drive East, to Beit She'an valley and then follow road 90 down through Jordan valley since it is the most scenic route. This means that we drive straight down through the East part of the West Bank, passing Jericho, before we reach the Dead Sea. So, time to empty the camera and recharge the battery! This is a trip that I also plan to do with Yoram at some point, but this first trip will be an appetiser for something more extensive that we will do together. This time he will not join due to his work, but he surely knows more "smultronställen" (hidden favourite spots) than three happy-go-lucky "Lonely Planet" Swedes, so I do look forward to going with him. Now I will, with my 5 months BaEretz, try to act as a somewhat guide and translator and I feel pretty cocky actually...

No comments: