Saturday, October 17, 2009

The good life...

Lazy day at the beach

We were considering going for the lunch aikido in Tel Aviv yesterday, but in the end we did not. Yoram has been driving to Tel Aviv every day this week so he had had enough of car hours. Instead we went to a mall in Haifa to look for some different stuff. We are about to attend a few weddings in the next months, and since I spend my days in flipflop's, some shopping was necessary. I found a pair of classic pumps, in gold, with 10 cm heels, as simple as extravagant. These shoes I can combine with basically anything, so next week I am on a hunt for a cool dress.

After the mall we went for some pampering in Zikhron Ya'akov. We filled up the wine bottles, drank a few glasses and had a nice lunch at Tishbi's. This has become a nice routine for us, every, or every other Friday or so.

In the evening Yoram took Goshen for a run, and in the meantime I prepared two 400 g entrecote's that we bought from Samir, our butcher. He produces the best meat you can think of and since there is no middle hand the prices are very generous. This was a time for our inner predator to devour and the only accessories we had was garlic butter and Tishbi wine. Yummy is an understatement!

We have hit one of many heat waves arriving during the fall, and the temperature these days lay well above 35 degrees, and today we decided to spend at the beach. We have not been there for several weeks now, and for Goshen it is even longer, and I really wanted her to swim in the sea water for the benefit of her fur and skin. The water has for natural reasons started to cool off a little bit, and we giggled and joked about those merely 27 degrees or so, being freezing. For the first time in months you actually got a slight cooling effect from stepping into the water, so it was pure pleasure. The water is also calmer now - not so many waves like during summer - and this made a huge difference for how Goshen could enjoy the water. All of a sudden she dared to follow us much further out, swimming over for her deep areas, to reach outer sand banks. We encouraged her to swim a lot since you cannot get much better exercise than that. She tumbled around like an otter, and it made her completely exhausted, but happy and content.

On Monday, my ulpan starts again (Hebrew class) and I am so happy. I have just waited and waited, but so many things are not started up until after the holidays. Of course I have my books to work with, but it is only reading and writing, and I look forward to see what difference these summer months have done to my understanding and speaking. I am convinced that I will understand so much more in the conversation group than I did before.

3 comments:

Svensk chekchouka said...

nejmen, tishbi är ju en av vâra favoriter ocksâ!!! Jag tycker att det ligger nâgot sydeuropeiskt över trädgârden och husfasaden...

Jojo said...

Visst är där mysigt! God mat och fina viner. Vi fyller våra tomflaskor med husets vin ifrån tunnan, fullkomligt utmärkt vin till underbart lågt pris!

Svensk chekchouka said...

mâste testa det nästa gâng!