Thursday, May 30, 2013

Child abuse is obviously acceptable according to Facebook Community Standards!

On Facebook there is a video depicting a woman physically abusing a baby, hitting him hard with a pillow as well as her hands. She is pinching him hard, slapping his face and shoving him around roughly, while he is screaming for mercy.

Here is a direct link to the video, but I want to warn you that the content is utterly disturbing.

We are several people who have reported this video as graphic violence, but got the answer that it is not violating the Facebook Community Standards. I got an answer in English, while a friend of mine got hers in German. Every day Facebook's policy police is blocking breastfeeding pictures and educational material like illustrations of vaginas, while women-degrading and sexually explicit material is left untouched.

If this is not graphic violence, I don't know what is! Do they need blood? Death?! The video makes you sick to the stomach and I would personally want someone to trace this poor child and remove him from his inadequate caregiver.


The answer I got from Facebook on my report.

I posted this report on my wall (public post): It includes the screenshot of the answer I got from Facebook and comments from people who have seen it. There is also another link to the video in the commentary.

I have contacted several media sources in order to ask them to draw attention to this issue.

No comments: