Sunday, June 20, 2010

True love has no boundaries

Daniel and Victoria

I am no royalist. But the magic we were about to see yesterday took me by surprise. It was two human beings, very much in love, who made their vows to one another, in front of the world. Victoria's dress was classy and clean cut, nothing garish about it. I felt that the whole arrangement were quite modest to be a royal wedding. Their genuine and sparkling love shone through over and over again, and my eyes were filled with tears more than once. Out of all the amazing speeches during the whole day, Daniel's speech (mostly in Swedish) to Victoria during the dinner was the most moving one. He spoke from the heart. I am happy for Victoria that at least the times are over when hierarchy and titles were more important than love, when it came to finding a spouse. Like Daniel said himself, Victoria kissed her frog, and he became a prince.

1 comment:

Svensk chekchouka said...

alldeles, alldeles underbart...