Monday, December 28, 2009

Quiet days...

I am working on my translation and I have reached more than half way so far and then I did not even do much during the weekend. I will most likely finish around New Year's Day. Other than that, days are not involving much.

The dogs are developing their personalities and their relationship more and more everyday, and watching them interact is a constant source of entertainment. They both are their gender role impersonated. Goshen is sophisticated, careful and gracious, while Barak is slobby, careless and clumsy. Most of the time they take turns chewing on the bones and playing with the toys, but occasionally there is a power struggle if I am not there in time to prevent it. Goshen corrects him when he is too rude to her and I spend my entire days with steering off signs of dominance from his part. He has been bullying her around during night hours a few times, so I allow her to sleep below my bed now to spare her from that.

The other day Yoram had them in the fields where they met a Labrador who was trying to bully Barak around a bit. They ended up in a short fight from where Barak got a bite wound on his front leg. It was just above a joint and it was a small but quite deep cut, so we took him to our vet to get antibiotics against infection. The vet knows the dog from before and he was very pleased to know that we had taken him in to our family. Barak's leg is already less swollen, but he is banned from running off-leash for a few days until he has healed a bit more. Now back to work.

No comments: