Monday, July 5, 2010

The hunt is over

On Shabbat we went to the open-air market in Daliyat al-Karmel, since I wanted to buy something for my mother. It turned out that I found a very suitable wedding dress for 40 ILS. Bargain is in this case an extreme understatement. I do not think highly about prestige and materialism, and paying thousands of money for a dress that you most likely will use only once, is just plain stupid. However, my family had promised to pay for any dress that I found, but now they do not even have to. It is a simple all-white long halter-neck dress, in some shiny heavy stretch-fabric. I immediately wanted to announce my finding, but Yoram was initially a bit embarrassed about the cheap price. I explained to him that we are not getting married to walk around in expensive clothing, but to celebrate our love, and then we were all fine. Now the question instead is what the groom is going to wear. He looks awesome in very pale lilac, so a nice lilac shirt and white pants would be great. Then I could have lilac flowers in the hair. Well, we will get back to that. No pictures until after the wedding! Now, only three days until takeoff to Sweden!

1 comment:

Svensk chekchouka said...

âh vad fint det lâter vännen!! grattis!!